The Port of Houston Authority is the Gulf Coast’s leading gateway to North America’s fastest growing markets between the Mississippi River and the Rocky Mountains. Our modern container terminals and multipurpose facilities can handle virtually any size and type of cargo; connecting world markets to America’s heartland quickly and efficiently.
We have developed an interactive world map listing Houston’s inbound and outbound all-water carrier services for both container and general cargoes. The map also includes road and rail transit time information between Houston and main U.S. inland hubs.
Instructions for using Houston’s direct all-water services Interactive Map
• Select a world region in the small map in the upper right corner of the screen. Stay on the same page to view container services. Click the “switch map to general cargo” button to view general cargo services.
• Click any port in the selected region and the name of the carrier providing service to/from Houston will appear. Inbound transit days will appear by default. Click the outbound button to see outbound transit times. For more in-depth schedule information, click on the link to the carrier’s website.
• If you are shipping to/from a U.S. inland hub through the Port of Houston, click the “North America” region in the small map. Then, select the U.S. inland point to view the road and rail transit times. If rail service is available, rail and road transit times will appear at the same time.
• If you switch to general cargo, please follow all the steps above to view services, frequency and inland transit times.
• If you have any problems viewing a region in your screen, customize the resolution of your page in the browser.
In order to deliver the best service to its customers, the Port of Houston Authority has gathered the information on transit times from carriers’ websites. Even though we want to provide the most updated and accurate information, transit times are subject to frequent changes. Therefore, the Port of Houston Authority cannot guarantee its accuracy. Please contact the carrier or agent directly for the latest schedule.
Please contact the trade development team for more information about the advantages of moving your cargo through the facilities at the Port of Houston Authority.
The documents are available in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may obtain a free copy of the software.
111 East Loop North
Houston, Texas USA 77029
P.O. Box 2562
Houston, Texas USA 77252-2562